With more than 1 million applications downloaded tens of billions of times, marketers are finding that apps have become a victim of their own success: despite the number of downloads, consumer engagement with the apps is not where it should be. What brands, marketers, retailers and publishers should do to encourage deeper engagement and transactions with apps is the focus of this free, hour-long webinar on July 26 at 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET.
“Apps are a way of life in this increasingly mobile-centric world, as marketers are discovering,” said Mickey Alam Khan, editor in chief of Mobile Marketer and Mobile Commerce Daily, New York. “However, understanding what happens after the consumer downloads the app is a puzzling area for brands and retailers.
“This webinar is geared to helping understand and analyze post-download behavior to deepen consumer engagement and engender more transactions via apps,” he said.
The webinar is part of a series put together by Mobile Marketer. Speakers include Yon Feldman, vice president of mobile at Gilt Groupe, Craig Etheridge, vice president of mobile advertising at Gannett’s USA Today, one of the top mobile properties, and Craig Palli, vice president of business development at Fiksu, a leading app specialist.
The webinar themes are:
- Why analyzing post-download app behavior matters
- Defining the app’s loyal user: Those who make in-app purchases, registrations or upgrade to premium titles
- Optimizing ad spend based on loyal users and post-download event tracking
- How Gilt Groupe and USA Today handle post-download app engagement with its audience
- Methods to boost download volume and reduce user acquisition cost
- Best-practice tips