iPhone Apps Developers
are generally content with the prices in the range of Free to $1.99. Apple’s App Store is full of useful iOS applications for your iPhone and iPads at affordable prices – or even free. However, there are “apps” that can cost up to 800 euros (aprox $982).
An analysis, prepared by the European mobile advertising network madvertise, in collaboration with the Applications Navigator AppZapp – reveals how the most expensive apps are directed to a strictly professional group of users who primarily uses their mobile device or “tablet” as a working tool instead of an entertainment companion.
Therefore, these applications are concentrated mainly in the categories of Business and Education. In an analysis by price range, madvertise shows how requiring a higher payout (i.e 799.99 euros) can be considered as personal assistants or facilitators of professional activity in sectors as diverse as legal or agriculture.
This highlights, for example, BarMax Pro, a sort of virtual teacher for aspiring lawyers of the state which provides them with knowledge to prepare for competitions, but also material from previous tests by way of practical exercises. It also highlights the “app” Agro, which is able to perform daily monitoring of the crops to optimize resources and improve production.
On the other hand, This discussion won’t be complete without the mention of the one of the most expensive yet one of the most useless apps ever: I Am Rich. The ‘app’ was just a blank screen and was priced at 799.99 euros. It was eventually withdrawn due to complaints from the users who considered it a scam.
This is the Top 10 most expensive apps in the App Store today:
- VueCAD Pro (Business), 799.99 euros .
- BarMax Pro (Education), EUR 799.99 , EUR 319.99 currently due to a temporary discount of 60%.
- Agro (Productivity), 799.99 euros .
- The Alchemist SMS (Utilities), 799.99 euros .
- Verituner (Music), 479.99 euros .
- EyeLifestyles (Medicine), 419.99 euros .
- 3cp / Image Control Pro (Photography), 319.99 euros .
- BMRControl (Health and Fitness), 239.99 euros .
- GIS Pro (Navigation), 239.99 euros .
- Themis Reader (Reference), 239.99 euros .