Guide to Installing Applications on Blackberry
- You will need to navigate to the website of the place you are going to download the application from, download the files to a location where you can find it later.
- After the download is complete, navigate to the location where you just saved that file or files, and unzip them, you will now have multiple files, don’t worry, they really aren’t that confusing.
- Open your desktop manager, and depending on the version you are running, you should get have an icon that reads “Application Loader” ( I am doing this with version 4.6)
- Open the application loader, and then select add/remove applications and press “start”
- The device manager will then give up an updated list of all applications on your device; this is also a great place to remove applications from your device that you might not want anymore. From here you should see a “browse” button, simply navigate to the location where you unzipped those files, more specifically the .alx file, and hit “open”
- *Next you will be brought back to the application loader screen, make sure the check mark is next to the applications you wanted loaded onto your BlackBerry, and then hit “next”
- The applications will install, your BlackBerry will reboot, and you should be all set.